Welcome to the Knitting On the Run Podcast
I want your input - should we extend the Be A Helper Craftalong? Listen for my plan and let me know what you think.
Ways to deal with the cray stress we're all feeling right now.
And remember it’s OK to not be OK right now. The whole world is topsy turvy and we are just figuring out how to handle all the changes. It’s OK to be upset, or sad, or angry. But if you feel like it’s all too much and you can’t handle what’s going on, please talk to a mental help professional. Call your therapist, call your doctor to get a referral or visit mentalhealth.gov for links and numbers to services that can help you. If you need help right now text the Crisis Text Line. In the US its 741741, in Canada text 686868 or 741741 and in the UK 85258.
Read Full Post »
Episode 74 – 3/4/2020
Segments this week include tech talk, Be A Helper Craftalong, FOs, Wips, Out and About.
New temporary mic. Pardon the head cold. Yes I’m sick again.
Be a Helper Craftalong
4th Be A Helper Craft-a-long is ongoing! We keep the rules simple.
- Anything you make for any charity counts, doesn’t have to be knit/crochet/woven or spun. ANYthing you make for ANY charity.
- One FO per photo in the FO thread
- Donating blood counts too - post a photo of your bandaid or of you drinking OJ afterwards, something like that.
- FO Thread closes when I wake up April 1st.
- Wips are welcome
- 1 skein of Sock Yarn from A Great Yarn in Chatham, MA dyed exclusively for them by Hauteknits in the Finest Hours colorway, 75% merino, 25% nylon
• 1 25g skein of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock plus a mini skein of handspun
• Spun to order handspun, by me. I have 2 or 3 colorways that I’ll let the winner choose for me to spin up.
• One pattern of your choice from the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry store, courtesy of Jennifer Lassonde
Matchy Socks – At the cuff of first sock
New pattern for a magazine coming out this summer – check out social media this week if you’re interested in test knitting a tank top.
Rey costume – working on my Rey costume for an upcoming Star Wars Day. I’ve knit roughly 19 feet out of 10, then it’ll be time for armbands.
South Woods – On second repeat of Chart 2 lace for the back.
Ankle socks – started my first ever ankle socks.
Out and About
Stitches United - March 26-29, 2020
Got back from 12 days away – 4 days in FL at my in-laws, a week on a cruise. For the next week you’ll see images from our trip on social media, including my Rey costume on our Star Wars Day at Sea on the cruise.
Read Full Post »